How Do I Jump Higher with Sports Training?
When learning how to jump higher, you need to consider what sport it is that you want to learn the technique for. Are you a basketball player who wants to dunk easier, a volleyball player who wants to spike harder, or are you a weight lifter who wants that extra explosion in their lifts?
The first thing an athlete should start with when learning how to jump higher is sport specific jump exercises. Yes, there are great jump training systems out there that can teach you some tricks to jump higher, but you want to start with your sport itself. If you play basketball, the best way to start increasing your vertical leap is by practicing your dunk. Don’t get frustrated if you can’t learn how to dunk immediately, just keep practicing.
You should be comfortable with the act that you are going to be doing before you try to maximize it. Same thing applies if you are a volleyball player. Get out there and practice your blocks and spikes continuously. Something that will help is to have someone watch you when you are doing your drills and have them critique your form, if your form is a little off and you correct it, you will probably gain a couple of inches just from that.
After a while, your body will hit a plateau and you will have to implement another form of training (don’t stop doing your sport specific exercises). This is where finding the perfect vertical jump training system comes into play. Again, there are many many people looking for the quickest results. But, there are a few issues when looking for quick results:
1) You Don’t Get Maximum Results – yes you will gain 2-6 inches but is that the best you can do?
2) You Can Start to Lose Inches!
3) You Will Once Again Hit a Plateau – you need to have a training program that constantly switches things up. Muscle memory happens quick, especially to athletes, the more often you switch up your vertical jump training, then the more successful you will be.
Learning how to jump higher requires time, discipline and great techniques. You need to have a system and workout that covers all aspects of training.
1) Proper Food Intake for Training.
2) Various Exercises and Training.
3) Proper Form and Training Techniques.
4) Proper Recovery Time and Muscle Recuperation.
There are many sub categories to these, but these are the general aspects that should be outlined in a great vertical jump program. Finally, learning how to jump higher starts with you, why do you want to learn how to jump higher? Remember, you’re learning how to jump higher to be better at your sport and to be a better athlete.